Posted on: May 12, 2022
About the role:
The OfferUp Marketplace team is looking for a Product Designer to
bring critical thinking, pragmatism, and strong collaboration
skills to foster a more trustworthy local marketplace. You will
partner closely with Product Managers and Engineers to own the
customer journey, from research and understanding customer needs to
collaborating with engineers on final designs. At OfferUp, you will
have the opportunity to innovate in a mission-driven marketplace
that empowers a unique set of customers exchanging goods they need
for everyday life. In your first 6 months on the job, you'll be
launching features that help millions of customers find what they
need and stay safe on the marketplace. As a lead for your specific
team, you will have a chance to have a huge impact!
This job is right for you if you value:
- Helping people make additional income from home.
- Helping people safely find goods they need at a low price.
- Reducing waste created from producing new goods.
- A community of neighbors connecting over common interests.
Who we're looking for:
- You are a seasoned product designer with diverse skills and
- You are able to take complex requirements, customer needs, and
business goals and create elegant, simple design solutions that are
scalable and easy to use.
- You have a strong foundation in user-centered design and
leverage research insights to define problems, explore and iterate
on solutions, and then validate your designs with customers.
- You think holistically through the customer journey from
marketing and branding to retention and engagement.
- You collaborate and communicate clearly and concisely with team
members across multiple disciplines to understand and align on
opportunities, problems, constraints, and principles guiding design
- You are well versed in leveraging design systems and understand
the importance to customers of consistent, repeatable, interaction
- You are an excellent communicator both verbally and in writing.
- You are able to articulate your design choices, communicate
trade-offs, and explain alternatives.
- You thrive in a highly collaborative team environment where
together we obsess over our customers, elevate our craft, and raise
the bar of our customer experience.
Here's more of what you will get to do:
- Lead and execute design through all phases of the product
development process - from research and insights, design
explorations and iteration, to final design handoff and engineering
- Work with project managers and engineering to define the
schedule of design phases, deliverables, reviews, and
- Work with other designers on the UX team to evolve, improve,
and maintain our design system to meet the needs of our
- Participate in UX team crits, share work in progress, and
provide feedback to other team members.
- Communicate, document, and present design direction to senior
leadership, team members, and key stakeholders. - -
- After launching new products and features, collaborate with
product managers, UX researchers, and analysts to track KPIs,
identify customer issues, and rapidly iterate on solutions.
You'll thrive in this role if you have:
- -All OfferUp employees are required to receive full Covid-19
vaccinations, per CDC guidelines. OfferUp will review accommodation
requests due to a medical reason, or because of a sincerely held
- 3+ years of product design experience with at least 2 years of
leading major product design initiatives.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Interaction Design, Graphic
Design, Industrial Design, HCI, or related field. -
- A proven track record of applying user-centered design
processes and methodology to product definition, design, and
development. You have experience with every stage of the design
process, including research, sketches, wireframes, high fidelity
mock-ups, prototyping, and usability testing.
- Strong conceptual skills and proven ability to rapidly
prototype and design to communicate ideas to others.
- Ability to tailor presentations and reviews to different
audiences (working team, department heads, executive team)
- Highly fluent in the latest design tools such as Figma, and
proficient at quickly learning new ones.
- A growth mindset. -
Helpful, but not required -
- 2+ years experience working on advertising, eCommerce, or
business productivity tools.
- 2+ years working specifically on web-based solutions including
- Deeper specialization in at least one area (IA, Interaction,
Visual, Design systems, etc).
Keywords: Offerup, Bellevue , Product Designer, Other , Bellevue, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!