Sr. Product Designer (Remote Eligible)
Company: Smartsheet Inc
Posted on: May 12, 2022
At Smartsheet, our purpose is to empower everyone to achieve
more. As a member of the Experience Design team, you will shape the
future of work, making our category-leading work execution platform
valuable, elegant, and engaging. As a Senior Product Designer, you
will apply principles of design thinking to conceptualize and
create engaging, valuable, and intuitive user experiences for our
web and mobile apps. You will represent the end-user and promote
human-centered methodologies across the product team to ensure new
designs that meet people's needs from first-time users to seasoned
experts. This role can be based remotely in the U.S. or in our
Bellevue, WA headquarters and will report to the Product Design
Manager. - You will:
- Gain an understanding of user needs and goals and communicate
them with diverse product teams.
- Create understanding across product teams to launch new
features and evolve existing ones based on an understanding of user
needs, business goals, and technical constraints.
- Create task flows, wireframes, prototypes, and other
interaction design deliverables.
- Conduct usability testing and incorporate user and team
- Create visually stunning interfaces that make emotional
connections with users and communicate the brand.
- Provide assets, specifications, and guidance for implementation
of the user interface throughout the development process.
- Rapidly iterate on prototypes and designs to A/B test and
experiment on the most effective solutions.
- Support other duties as necessary. You have:
- 5+ years of experience designing exceptional experiences for
complex, data-driven web and mobile applications.
- Passion for the field of User Experience.
- Experience facilitating activities to gather insights on user
needs and goals and conducting usability testing.
- Experience leading one or more critical products in direction
and strategic thinking while developing product goals, identifying
opportunities, and making decisions based on the customer impact
and product vision. -
- Experience in designing interactions accounting customer needs,
emotions, and scalability.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to clearly
articulate a problem space, design decisions, Proactively solicit
and provide feedback from designers and a larger product team in
order to continually raise our bar for quality.
- Experience with Agile methodologies.
- Excellent visual design skills and sensibilities.
- Expert in Figma, Sketch, Principal, or other visual design,
wireframing, and prototyping tools.
- Help teams across the organization, including Product
Management and Engineering, gain alignment on user, business, and
- Degree in Design (Interaction, Product, Communication, HCD, or
related) or equivalent experience. -
- HSA, 100% employer-paid premiums, or Buy-up medical/vision and
dental coverage options for full-time employees
- Equity - Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) with all offers
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- 401k Match to help you save for your future (50% of your
contribution up to the first 6% of your eligible pay)
- Monthly stipend to support your work and productivity
- Up to 24 weeks of Parental Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including
access to LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks, including a counseling membership,
primary care membership, local retail discounts, and your own
personal Smartsheet account
- Teleworking options from any registered location in the U.S.
(role specific) - Equal Opportunity Employer: Smartsheet is an
Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive
environment with the best employees. We provide employment
opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in
accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, and Australia. If
there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a
comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that
encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team
members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers.
We're looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive,
effective, and honest. You're encouraged to apply even if your
experience doesn't precisely match our job description-if your
career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At
Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren't
afraid to be innovative-join us! -
Keywords: Smartsheet Inc, Bellevue , Sr. Product Designer (Remote Eligible), Other , Bellevue, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!