Senior Product Designer
Posted on: May 12, 2022
About the role:
The OfferUp Marketplace team is looking for a Senior Product
Designer to bring critical thinking, pragmatism, and strong
collaboration skills to foster a more trustworthy local
marketplace. You will partner closely with Product Managers and
Engineers to own the customer journey, from research and
understanding customer needs to collaborating with engineers on
final designs. At OfferUp, you will have the opportunity to
innovate in a mission-driven marketplace that empowers a unique set
of customers exchanging goods they need for everyday life. In your
first 6 months on the job, you'll be launching features that help
millions of customers find what they need and stay safe on the
marketplace. As a lead for your specific team, you will have a
chance to have a huge impact!
Here's more of what you will get to do:
- Lead and execute design through all phases of the product
development process - from research and insights, design
explorations and iteration, to final design handoff and engineering
- Work with project managers and engineering to define the
schedule of design phases, deliverables, reviews, and
- Work with other designers on the UX team to evolve, improve,
and maintain our design system to meet the needs of our
- Participate in UX team crits, share work in progress, and
provide feedback to other team members.
- Communicate, document, and present design direction to senior
leadership, team members, and key stakeholders. - -
- After launching new products and features, collaborate with
product managers, UX researchers, and analysts to track KPIs,
identify customer issues, and rapidly iterate on solutions.
You'll thrive in this role if you have: All OfferUp employees are
required to receive full Covid-19 vaccinations, per CDC guidelines.
OfferUp will review accommodation requests due to a medical reason,
or because of a sincerely held religious belief.
- You are a seasoned product designer with diverse skills and
- You are able to take complex requirements, customer needs, and
business goals and create elegant, simple design solutions that are
scalable and easy to use.
- You have a strong foundation in user-centered design and
leverage research insights to define problems, explore and iterate
on solutions, and then validate your designs with customers.
- You think holistically through the customer journey from
marketing and branding to retention and engagement.
- You collaborate and communicate clearly and concisely with team
members across multiple disciplines to understand and align on
opportunities, problems, constraints, and principles guiding design
- You are well versed in leveraging design systems and understand
the importance to customers of consistent, repeatable, interaction
- You are an excellent communicator both verbally and in writing.
- You are able to articulate your design choices, communicate
trade-offs, and explain alternatives.
- You thrive in a highly collaborative team environment where
together we obsess over our customers, elevate our craft, and raise
the bar of our customer experience.
- 6+ years of product design experience with at least 2 years of
leading major product design initiatives.
- A proven track record of applying user-centered design
processes and methodology to product definition, design, and
development. You have experience with every stage of the design
process, including research, sketches, wireframes, high fidelity
mock-ups, prototyping, and usability testing.
- Strong conceptual skills and proven ability to rapidly
prototype and design to communicate ideas to others.
- Ability to tailor presentations and reviews to different
audiences (working team, department heads, executive team)
- Highly fluent in the latest design tools such as Figma, and
proficient at quickly learning new ones.
- A growth mindset. -
Helpful, but not required -
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Interaction Design, Graphic
Design, Industrial Design, HCI or related field. -
Keywords: Offerup, Bellevue , Senior Product Designer, Other , Bellevue, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!