E-Learning Instructional Designer - Compliance Training
Company: The Pok--mon Company International
Posted on: May 12, 2022
Get to know The Pok--mon Company International
The Pok--mon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pok--mon
Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is
responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the
Pok--mon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home
entertainment, and the official Pok--mon website. Pok--mon was
launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular
children's entertainment properties in the world.
Learn more online at Pokemon.com and on Facebook
(facebook.com/pokemon), YouTube (youtube.com/pokemon), Twitter
(twitter.com/pokemon), and Instagram (instagram.com/pokemon).
Get to know the role
Job Title: E-Learning Instructional Designer, Compliance
Job Summary: As a TPCi E-Learning Instructional Designer focused on
developing our Compliance training curriculum, you will be
responsible for designing, developing and coordinating training
curriculum, courses and tools, while applying learning science,
design and data analytics to grow TPCi's learning environment. The
role will include key activities including needs assessments,
instructional design, course content development (including
training aids), implementation planning, delivery (training plans
and schedules), maintenance and effectiveness evaluation. The
E-Learning Instructional Designer will leverage their deep
expertise in learning theory and design best practices to propose
innovative learning solutions and continuously improve learning
solutions that can be delivered at scale.
The role will be responsible for leading Talent Development related
trainings, collaborate with internal business partners and subject
matter experts to translate business priorities/needs into engaging
learner centric designs. In partnership with internal stakeholders,
this role will lead the coordination, curation and evaluation of
learning solutions to meet business needs.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated competence in designing
e-learning and computer-based training courses for large
organizations, thrive on solving challenging problems and has
experience transforming simple and/or complex topics into engaging,
straight forward and simple to internalize learnings.
FLSA Classification (US Only): Exempt
People Manager: No
What you'll do
- Lead strategic efforts to design and storyboard large, complex
- Assess Compliance-based training needs and prioritize the
development of courses to support TPCi's growth
- Design and develop interactive e-learning courses including
animation, audio and video from end-to-end that are fun, engaging,
and strengthen TPCi's Compliance culture
- Analyze, evaluate, and use learner profile data and
environmental characteristics to design learning experiences and
- Integrate Human Centered Design, adult learning theory and the
neuroscience of learning when designing and building learning
solutions and experiences end-to-end from project scoping, design
methodology, evaluation and measurement, through implementation of
the final product
- Apply advanced project management skills and methodologies to
the instructional design process, including assessment, course
design and development
- Manage vendors or partnerships to ensure completion and
delivery of supporting deliverables
- Design training tools for presentations, on screen viewing, or
print as needed that are easy to understand, fun, engaging, and fit
within TPCi Brand Guidelines
- Develop E-Learning objectives and assessments to measure the
effectiveness of learning initiatives related to
- Manage the review and revision cycles of existing and developed
- Communicate effectively with internal and external
- Researches and analyzes best practices in order to recommend
culturally relevant approaches; shares emerging learning themes
with the team
- Build trust and credibility with subject matter experts to
influence scope of learning programs and gain buy-in on design
- Keep leadership team updated through relaying important
information in the form of timely and accurate reports.
- The duties and responsibilities described above are not a
comprehensive list and additional tasks may be assigned from time
to time. The scope of the job may change as necessitated by
What you'll bring
- Eight (8) to Eleven (11) years of related professional
experience; preferably related to Compliance
- Bachelors degree required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven success in landing change in a global business.
- Experience with LMS, Workday experience preferred.
- Experience with creativity through audio and video creation and
- Sound judgement, excellent organizational and client consulting
- Adept with a variety of multimedia training platforms and
- Ability to evaluate and research training options and
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
How you'll be successful
- Passion for Pok--mon: Develops an understanding of the Pok--mon
brand, the impact it has on our people, culture, business, fans,
and communities, and applying that knowledge and passion to
everything you do.
- Challenging the Expected: Approaches challenges with curiosity
and creativity, embracing the possibility of failure as an
opportunity to learn something new, develop innovative ideas, solve
complex problems and identify unique opportunities.
- Integrity and Respect: Demonstrates integrity and respect by
leading with empathy, listening to others, seeking out different
perspectives, and taking personal responsibility for decisions,
actions, and results.
- Dedicated to Quality: Takes ownership to maintain and promote
high standards, looks for new ways to learn and improve, and
embraces a growth mindset to seek and apply feedback from others in
an effort to continuously improve.
- Building Relationships: Develops and strengthens relationships,
adopting a "team first" mentality and working collaboratively to
solve problems and meet shared goals.
- Delighting Customers: Listens and understands the interests and
needs of our customers and stakeholders, making them feel heard and
important, and embracing these learnings to continue delivering a
unique Pok--mon experience.
What to expect
- An employee first culture
- Company events that celebrate the spirit of Pok--mon
- Competitive cash-based compensation programs
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you
- Generous paid family leave
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short-term income protection
- Fitness reimbursement
- Commuter benefit
- LinkedIn learning
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by people assigned to this role.
They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Employees may be
required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities
from time to time, as needed. For roles in the United Kingdom,
candidates will need the right to work. In some cases, and for some
roles, the Company may be able to arrange a visa. For roles in
Ireland, this role requires candidates to have the right to live
and work in the Republic of Ireland. However, we welcome
applications from all nationalities and may consider supporting an
employment permit application, in appropriate and suitable
Internal Job Code: HR.LDMF.P4
Internal Job Profile: Organizational Development Specialist
Keywords: The Pok--mon Company International, Bellevue , E-Learning Instructional Designer - Compliance Training, Other , Bellevue, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!