DESIGN - Senior Multiplayer Mission Designer
Company: Sucker Punch Productions LLC
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Senior Multiplayer Mission Designer
Sucker Punch is looking for a -Senior Multiplayer Mission Designer
-who shares our passion for pushing creative limits and redefining
expectations about what games can be. A successful candidate will
have a passion for building robust, dynamic missions that provide
fresh challenge and excitement for rookies and veterans alike.
They'll recognize how game design choices impact social dynamics
and leverage them to enable great cooperative experiences for all
Our goal is to build missions that combines challenging combat
encounters and cooperative mechanics together with beautiful
environments and engaging stories. The Senior Multiplayer Mission
Designer weaves together the creative output of multiple teams to
build and refine a cohesive final product that is bigger than its
- Drive the creative development of innovative mission content.
Work closely with the other disciplines- writing, systems and
layout design, programming, environment art, sound and music-to
pull together all the pieces that create the immersive game of the
year quality AAA missions.
- Provide guidance and mentorship to junior mission designers,
establishing best practices and maintaining consistently
- Build robust replayable missions that can provide fresh
gameplay through multiple playthroughs.
- Design and implement large amounts of game content- build,
playtest, and iterate on multiple missions, help to design and
refine cooperative mechanics, and contribute feedback on all
aspects of the multiplayer experience.
- Provide daily feedback and direction to all the contributors on
your missions, driving rapid iteration so that we can meet our
high-quality bar and reinforce the overall vision for the
- Create and manage tasks with clear deadlines across multiple
- Work with the Layout Designers and Environment Artists to
develop mission and encounter locations.
- Help refine content creation processes, documentation,
pipelines, and propose new content authoring tools and
- Communicate and coordinate across multiple disciplines to
refine the concept-to-ship content creation process.
- Work closely with the Project Directors and other Leads to
ensure quality across the game.
- Continuously strive to push the quality bar higher.
- Demonstrated ability to design, script, and balance
high-quality content in a dynamically changing production
- At least 5 years of game design production experience as a
mission designer, level designer or similar leadership role in
- At least 2 years of experience working on multiplayer
- Outstanding communication skills and the ability to lead and
direct a small multi-disciplinary team to create content.
- Proven track record of developing engaging content.
- Layout / Level design skills.
- Experience with programming or scripting languages (C#,LUA,
Position is currently open to those eligible to work in the States,
and willing to relocate to Bellevue, WA for hybrid on-site/WFH.
This website is subject to the following terms: -
Keywords: Sucker Punch Productions LLC, Bellevue , DESIGN - Senior Multiplayer Mission Designer, Other , Bellevue, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!