System Design Instrumentation & Controls Engineer
Company: System One
Posted on: June 20, 2022
System One has an immediate contract need for an
-Instrumentation and Controls Engineer. This position reports
directly to the System Design Manager. In this role, you will act
as I&C Engineer for advanced nuclear reactor projects,
including responsibility for the instrument and control system
design, prototype development and testing, plant level system
integration and commissioning. - Your role will include interfacing
with a team of internal and external scientists and engineers. You
will also identify, specify, and integrate custom instrumentation
with advanced control systems for next generation advanced nuclear
reactor. - Responsibilities
- Responsible for coordinating geographically diverse and
international design team members to develop supporting design
documentation. - The design team members include employees,
subcontracted resources, partner employees, and customers.
- Lead design efforts of I&C and supporting electrical
systems (sub-system) from requirements through final design.
- Perform engineering and design evaluations in the application
of nuclear codes and standards, licensing requirements, and NRC
- Provide technical direction and guidance to engineers in
applicable nuclear and non-nuclear related design standards.
- Specify and describe suitability of instrumentation measurement
techniques for use in sodium fast reactor and integrated energy
storage technologies, including analysis of measurement range,
response time, and measurement accuracy.
- Identify and ensure effective application of correct design
codes such as IEEE, etc.
- Analyze and apply regulatory criteria and standards to complex
Instrumentation and Control system design.
- Develop and review technical design documents, such as System
Requirements Documents, System Design Descriptions, Interface
Control Documents, Engineering Design Specifications, etc.
- Create and manage drawing packages of system and sub-system
designs, including but not limited to control system architecture,
control logic and loop diagrams, and instrument installation
- Generate integrated design package for key systems and
- Provide technical direction and oversight of supplier projects,
working with the contract administrator to ensure delivery of data
and other deliverables to meet company -requirements, as well as
coordination and performance of technical reviews of
- Support continuous learning and application of nuclear industry
best practices in order to maintain the highest quality of
engineering design and proactively identify process
- Integrate I&C with work of other disciplines, engineers,
scientists, and subject matter experts.
- Interface with and support licensing activities associated with
Safety Analysis Reports. Key Qualifications and Skills
- B.S. or higher in Controls, Electrical, or related discipline
from an accredited university and 5+ years (Design Engineer), 8+
years (Senior Engineer), or 12+ years (Principal Engineer) direct
experience with proven instrumentation and controls systems
- Candidates must have extensive experience in instrumentation
and controls development, diagnostics, and a demonstrated ability
to design and deliver industrial I&C platforms and report data
- Previous experience with nuclear reactor safety systems or
nuclear instrumentation systems design desired.
- Familiar with IEEE 379, IEEE 603, IEEE 7-4.3.2 and IEEE 497,
desired but not required.
- Familiarity with implementing design control and development in
accordance with nuclear power plant quality assurance (e.g. 10 CFR
50 Appendix B, ASME NQA-1).
- Experience designing and operating high-temperature (400 -C and
higher) processes desired but not required.
- Ability to handle projects that include many competing
objectives and design constraints, with ability to resolve
conflicts between objectives.
- Familiarity with working with and/or developing industrial
process flow diagrams (PFD) and piping & instrument diagrams
(P&ID) desired but not required.
- Experience with CAD software to deliver design deliverables
(e.g. AutoCAD Standard, AutoCAD Electrical, or SolidWorks).
- Excellent technical writing, communication, and presentation
- Attention to detail and aspiration for technical
- Candidate must be a self-starter and possess ability to
coordinate and lead a design team's effort with minimal
- Ability to work on multiple simultaneous tasks that require a
- The successful candidate will possess a high degree of trust
and integrity, able to communicate openly, and display respect and
a desire to foster teamwork. #LI-LM2
Keywords: System One, Bellevue , System Design Instrumentation & Controls Engineer, Other , Bellevue, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!