Sr. Systems Engineer
Company: The Pok--mon Company International
Posted on: June 22, 2022
Sr. Senior Systems Engineer
The Senior Systems Engineer provides technical direction and
expertise to systems design, manage, and enhances The Pokemon
Company Internationals' IT portfolio of systems and services. This
engineering-oriented individual works within a dedicated IT team to
deliver technology solutions for approximately 1,000 staff across
multiple locations. They will support the day-to-day operation,
maintenance, and troubleshooting of corporate servers, software
systems, and applications.
What You Will Do
- Drive the IT design, review and provide input towards
delivering both simple and complex technical solutions for
long-term IT strategies and growth.
- Plan and coordinate the installation, configuration, and
maintenance of -Cloud, On-Premise and Software as a Service (SAAS)
- Develop, encourage, and be a leader of engineering principals
- Provide team technical leadership to support as an escalation
point for all team members. Provide expert guidance or direction to
the IT team,
- Seek out areas within IT to deploy automation for repeatable
manual tasks to reduce workloads.
- Maintain end-to-end understanding of existing technologies,
services, and their use within the business.
- Manage system deployments with other teams, internal
stakeholders, external partners, and vendors.
- Provide post-mortem support to determine root cause of service
interruptions and make recommendations on changes needed to prevent
- Diagnose and troubleshoot issues with server application
errors, performance issues, and hardware malfunctions across the
- Ensure consistent, timely, and effective response for all
technical incidents/tickets reported by customers.
- Research new or enhance existing technologies, conduct
proof-of-concepts, make recommendations, and develop business cases
to justify new technology investments.
- Develop and enhance technical documentation to reflect changes
to IT systems.
- Act as first responder in the on-call rotation.
What You Will Bring
- 8-11 years of experience leading the development and management
of enterprise IT systems engineering and administration.
- 8-11 years of technical and engineering leadership experience
in design, deployment, and management of Microsoft systems and
services including: VMWare, Server Operating Systems, System Center
Configuration Manager (SCCM), Active Directory, Azure Active
Directory, Intune, Group Policy, File Services, Microsoft 365, and
- 5-7 years of experience providing technical team leadership and
mentorship to IT team members.
- 5-7 years of experience in deployment, configuration, and
management experience with AWS and Azure clouds including compute,
security layering, data management, and automation.
- 5-7 years of experience providing functional Tier III systems
support -in Windows and Mac Service Desk environments.
- Demonstrated experience with project management, using
analytical skills to work on multiple concurrent projects while
managing required project resources.
- Experience in automation platforms and services. Experience
with migrating repeatable manual processes to automated
- Experience in management and integration of SAAS and Single
Sign On (SSO) providers in cloud and on-premise services.
- History of Virtual server configuration, deployment, and
- A working history of using strong, professional communication
skills, both verbal and written, including the skill to articulate,
and translate technical language to non-technical
- Proficient in data backup in virtual server, and cloud
- Industry Certifications (MCSA, MCSE, VCP, Server+, PMP) are a
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or
other related field or equivalent work experience.
How You Will Be Successful
- Communication: You have impeccable written and verbal
communication with ability to translate technical information in a
non-technical format. You're able to demonstrate active listening
to make your customer feel heard and understood.
- Bias for Action: You have an eagerness to take initiative and
persist in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks.
You work to resolve requests and incidents with a high sense of
urgency and ownership.
- Great people skills: You're empathetic and understanding to
employees who need your help. You aim to build effective
relationships across the organizations, as well as externally with
3rd You are mindful of diverse perspectives and display patience
and professionalism working with employees having a range of
- Passion and Pride in your work: You love what you do and how
you can add value to your clients; You ensure consistency and
quality of your work and take a methodical approach to
troubleshooting and resolution.
- Logical and analytical: You're able to distill and synthesize
complex ideas into concise, meaningful information to clients.
You're adept at prioritization and project management with
attentiveness to detail and consistent follow through.
- Growth mindset: You thrive in a dynamic and fluid environment
because you are a self-starter who is eager to learn, grow and
build something great together; building and enhancing programs
appeals to you. You have a desire to stay current on technology
trends and Information Technology concepts.
- Service Orientation: You always keep internal and external
customer(s) in mind. You strive to proactively address customer
concerns and needs and to provide consistent customer
- Integrity and Trust: behaves in an authentic, honest, fair, and
ethical manner. Shows consistency in words and actions. Is a
credible business advocate and partners possessing courage to
address matters promptly.
What to Expect
We offer a professional, fun and creative work environment. While
we maintain a good balance between work and life, additional hours
may be required at peak times or for specific initiatives. Travel
between office locations internationally may be required on
The Pok--mon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pok--mon
Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is
responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the
Pok--mon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home
entertainment, and the official Pok--mon website. Pok--mon was
launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular
children's entertainment properties in the world.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by people assigned to this
classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list
of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of people so
classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside
of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Keywords: The Pok--mon Company International, Bellevue , Sr. Systems Engineer, Other , Bellevue, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!