Company: Schwartz Brothers Restaurants
Posted on: August 5, 2022
POSITION SUMMARYThe Lead Host is the guest's first impression of
Schwartz Brothers Restaurants. Therefore, professionalism, a
friendly and welcoming demeanor, and an efficient manner is
critical in determining whether the guest will become a loyal
customer. The host orchestrates the flow of seating and thereby
greatly influences the sales volume of the restaurant. The host
provides warm, friendly, and immediate greetings to the guests as
the door, seats, and presents clean menus to guests in a friendly
and professional manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES The following position
responsibilities are essential functions of the position.
Successful job applicants will be able to perform these essential
functions with or without requested accommodation.
- Greets guests promptly and seats guests efficiently in
accordance with the standards and procedures in the Host Workbook
and as directed by a Manager.
- Answers the telephone and directs calls in a friendly,
professional, and efficient manner and/or answers questions
concerning the menu and retreatant to promote sales.
- Maintains reservation sheet/Open Table effectively to ensure
guests are taken care of in an efficient and accurate manner. Seat
guests within timing standards.
- Performs setup and side work duties in an efficient and
accurate manner. Helps to maintain cleanliness of restaurant.
- Works as a member of the team to serve guests. Maintains
positive, upbeat, and energetic attitude towards guests and
coworkers. Assists others whenever able, including bussing and
- Maintains highest standards of hygiene and sanitation. Follows
Health Department standards for hygiene and safe food handling.
Maintains current Food Handlers Permit.
- Adheres to state liquor regulations in serving alcohol. Has
current liquor permit on person when working, where
- Running the floor plan board.
- Observes tables and keeping track of clean, dirty, and occupied
- Taking guest information and quoting wait time to guests
accurately when tables are not immediately available.
- Cleaning, organizing, and stocking menus at host area.
- Interacting with guests coming in as they leave, ensuring a
positive dining experience.
- Filling to go orders by utilizing food delivery apps on the
- Maintaining restrooms throughout shift.
- Upholds company mission and philosophy of company.
- Performs other duties as asked and directed.MINIMUM
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTSKnowledge, Skills, and Aptitudes:
- Excellent communication skills (verbally interacts with
management, team members, and guests)
- Must be able to read, write, and determine wait time based on
Schwartz Brothers Restaurants procedures
- Must visually scan restaurant for clean, unoccupied tables
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Knowledge of workplace safety procedures
- At least one (1) year experience in a fast paced, upscale
- Able to work nights, weekends, and holidays
- Excellent customer service and telephone skills
- Proficiency in Open Table
- Professional appearance and demeanor Physical Demands and
Working Conditions:The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by a team member to
successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the functions.
- Able to move throughout all areas of the restaurant.
- Must walk, stand, or remain stationary during entire
- Frequently required to walk, stoop, bend, and reach with hands
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this position include
close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to
- Must meet State minimum age for using required equipment.
- Flexibility and/or reliability in work schedule are required to
provide support when needed.
- Must be able to frequently communicate with other team members
Keywords: Schwartz Brothers Restaurants, Bellevue , Lead Host, Other , Bellevue, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!