Surgical Technologist - Bellevue
Company: Virginia Mason Medical Center
Posted on: September 18, 2022
Virginia Mason Franciscan Health brings together two award winning
health systems in Washington state - CHI Franciscan and Virginia
Mason. As one integrated health system with the most patient access
points in western Washington our team includes 18,000 staff and
nearly 5,000 employed physicians and affiliated providers. At
Virginia Mason Franciscan Health you will find the safest and
highest quality of care provided by our expert, compassionate
medical care team at 11 hospitals and nearly 300 sites throughout
the greater Puget Sound region. Responsibilities
We're -proud to share that - -Virginia Mason Medical Center -was
recognized among the -Best Hospitals in Washington -state by -U.S.
News & World Report. Our starting salary is $30.35/hr and increases
from there depending on experience. We also offer sign on bonuses
and relocation assistance for qualified candidates. - Virginia
Mason Franciscan Health brings together two award winning health
systems in Washington state CHI Franciscan and Virginia Mason. As
one integrated health system with the most patient access points in
western Washington our team includes 18,000 staff and nearly 5,000
employed physicians and affiliated providers. The Surgical
Technician provides technical assistance to the surgeon
intraoperatively by scrubbing, setting up, and maintaining a
sterile field for surgical procedures; assembling instruments and
equipment; preparing medications for use at the sterile field; and
functioning as a member of the surgical team. Located in Seattle,
WA, Virginia Mason is an internationally recognized leader in the
continuous improvement of health care. With an extensive list of
awards and distinctions that includes our recognition as Top
Hospital of the Decade by The Leapfrog Group, Virginia Mason offers
you the opportunity to partner with exceptionally talented peers at
every level. You will contribute to the strength of our Team
Medicine approach to collaborative medicine and benefit from the
changes enacted through our Virginia Mason Production System, a
model that has transformed health care by providing patients with
easier access to care, reducing errors, and continuously innovating
patient safety and quality that has been adopted by other
organizations here and abroad. Join us, and find out how many ways
Virginia Mason offers you the chance to focus on what really
matters - our patients. As a part of our organization, we currently
offer the following additional benefits:
- Competitive starting wages (DOE) and training to grow within
- Paid holidays, vacation and sick time
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance plans -
- Flexible health spending accounts: DCFSA and FSA - -
- Health Savings Account - (HSA) for use with the high deductible
- Short and long term disability programs
- Employer paid life insurance
- 401a and 403b retirement programs
- Tuition Assistance for career growth and development
- Bright Horizons programs for additional support with children,
pets, dependent adults, and household needs
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for you and your family
- Voluntary Protection: Group Accident, Critical Illness, and
Identify Theft "We deliver inspired people to do meaningful work."
- Completion of an accredited Surgical Technologist program.
- Current registration with the State of Washington as a Surgical
- Also required are: working knowledge of anatomy and physiology;
working knowledge of pharmacology and medical terminology;
understanding of instrumentation and equipment; skill in
establishing and maintaining a sterile field; skill in draping a
- Excellent communication skills.
- The ability to act as a member of the team.
- The ability to anticipate the needs of a surgeon and
- The ability to operate effectively in emergency and stressful
- Ability to take night and/or weekend call required.
- Ability to independently lift up to 20 pounds.
- Grasping and manual dexterity required to hand and/or finger
items frequently (sometimes continuously).
- Able to maintain a retracted position for up to one hour.
- Clear visual and auditory acuity with or without accomodation
required to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Extensive walking, sitting, standing, lifting, stretching, and
bending required (the staff member is expected to use, demonstrate,
and teach good body mechanics.)
- Ability to move equipment using a wheeled cart. Just as
Virginia Mason is dedicated to improving the lives of our patients
and our community, we are equally dedicated to your professional
and personal success. With a wide range of perks that includes
-industry leading pay in addition to sign-on bonus, relocation
support and comprehensive -benefits package, you will find that an
opportunity with Team Medicine is one worth taking. - - We are an
equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Keywords: Virginia Mason Medical Center, Bellevue , Surgical Technologist - Bellevue, Other , Bellevue, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!