Orthodontic Dental Assistant
Company: Willamette Dental Group
Posted on: September 18, 2022
To learn more about how Willamette Dental Group is keeping our
employees safe, please visit The Orthodontic Dental Assistant must
be proficient with general assisting (orthodontic and/or Invisalign
experience preferred) to provide the Orthodontist with assistance
in the delivery of dental care and service in order to achieve the
best possible treatment for the patient.
- Perform all dental procedures permitted consistent with the
applicable state laws and regulations.
- Change orthodontic wires, appliances and other apparatus as
directed by the orthodontist.
- Prepare and maintain instruments, equipment and materials for
all dental procedures, while ensuring our patients are as relaxed
and comfortable as possible.
- Be able to counsel out patients in post-operative care and
general oral health, as well as demonstrate an understanding of
evidence based dentistry.
- Take impressions of patients teeth for study casts; pour and
trim patient study models as needed.
- Oregon Dental Radiologic Proficiency certificate, required or
willing to obtain.
- Oregon EFODA (Expanded Function Orthodontic Dental Assistant)
certificate, required or willing to obtain.Washington
- Active Dental Assistant Registration at hire.Idaho
- Idaho Expanded Functions certificate(s), required or willing to
Current government mandates require
full COVID vaccination status, or lawful exemption status, for all
persons, including student externs, who will be working or present
in an Oregon or Washington health care facility.A pending federal
government mandate may require other individuals to attain full
COVID vaccination status, lawful exemption status or weekly COVID
testing. These rules will be implemented as required by the
law.Quarantine may be required for persons working or present in a
health care facility, experiencing signs or symptoms of COVID
infection or after being exposed to someone who is COVID
positive.Willamette Dental follows requirements and precautions for
COVID issued by OSHA, CDC and other agencies of the state and
- A stable, dentist-owned private company with an eye on the
- Excellent benefits including:
- Paid time off
- 401k $1 for $1 match up to 5% of your compensation or the IRS
limit for 401(k) contributions, whichever comes first
- Medical, dental, life and disability insurances
- Tuition reimbursement
- A culture of inclusivity and respect in line with our core
values of health, compassion, innovation and integrity.
- Supportive community outreach dollars and encouragement to
- Thorough employee orientation and onboarding.We are:
- A provider and employer of choice in the Northwest for 50
- Dental insurance + providers in over 50 general and specialty
offices in OR, WA and ID.
- Dedicated to proactive care to facilitate the best possible
Willamette Dental Group is an equal opportunity employer.
We evaluate qualified candidates without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, veteran status and other protected
characteristics.This job description is not meant to be an
all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but constitutes
a general definition of the positions scope and function in the
company.This position may be exposed to PHI in the course of
his/her duties, and will handle protected information (PHI) in a
manner consistent with the Health Insurance Portability and
Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA).Required
Keywords: Willamette Dental Group, Bellevue , Orthodontic Dental Assistant, Other , Bellevue, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!