Inspector Fabrication B
Posted on: September 23, 2022
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better
place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work
that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion
are shared values. We're committed to fostering an environment for
every teammate that's welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with
great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with
Boeing Commercial Airplanes has an exciting opportunity for an
Inspector Fabrication B to join our team in Auburn, Frederickson,
and Renton, WA.
- Inspectors in this position inspect raw stock, fabricated parts
and sub-assemblies for conformance with applicable drawings,
specifications, quality standards, manufacturing plans and for
- Fabrication Inspectors also perform various in-process
inspections, audits and heat-treat inspections.
- Receive, obtain or locate parts/assemblies and appropriate
paperwork/online instruction per required procedures.
- Verify part number, serial number and that the quantity matches
paperwork or online system.
- Verify all paperwork/online instruction (e.g., manufacturing
order, applicable drawings, specifications, nonconformance items
and any other necessary documents) is complete and accurate.
- Ensure that appropriate revisions of drawings, Engineering
Changes, specifications and other documents are being used by the
shop and inspection.
- Ensure that the tools used by the shop to fabricate parts have
been approved by tooling inspection.
- Review the paperwork/online instruction, drawing and job.
- Select and/or set up the appropriate measuring
- Lay out parts/assemblies to establish reference points and
check dimensions, as required.
- Inspect dimensions and workmanship per the drawing,
specification and plan.
- Perform visual weld inspection, as required.
- Identify and document discrepancies and reject
- Indicate QA acceptance on the appropriate paperwork/online
instruction and process as required.
- Perform in-process inspections and audits, as required.
- Monitor equipment and processes to specification
- Verify certifications of tools, equipment and personnel.
- Interface with other organizations to provide clarification
- Handle, use and dispose of hazardous materials in approved
- This position requires occasional (1-3 Hrs) finger
manipulation, flexion/extension, handling, lifting less than 25
pounds, Rotation of head/neck, Sitting, Standing, and Walking.
- Occasional contact with metals, exposure to plastics and
solvents and exposure to atmospheric conditions. Frequent (3-6 hrs)
exposure to noise.
- Use of personal protective equipment for face/eyes and ears may
be required. This position is expected to be 100% onsite. The
selected candidate will be required to work onsite at one of the
listed location options.
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements,
therefore a United States Person as defined by 22 C.F.R. 120.15 is
required. "US Person" includes US Citizen, lawful permanent
resident, refugee, or asylee.
This position is for variable shift.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills / Experience):
- Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently
- Must have experience as a Quality Inspector
- Ability to walk constantly throughout the workday; stand 6-8
hours per day; climb or work from stairs/steps up to 8 hours per
day; climb ladders; bend and twist frequently up to six hours per
day; squat and kneel
- 1+ years of experience using software applications internet
navigation, email, Microsoft suite and /or other specialized
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- 1+ years of experience in setting and using precision measuring
tools and equipment such as micrometers, calipers, and/or dial
- 1+ years of experience reading and interpreting engineering
drawings and specifications (e.g., blueprint/schematic reading,
specification, change, design) Typical Education:
High school graduate or GED preferred.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and
employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids,
amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in
Other Relevant Information & Requirements:
- Current Boeing employees working in Puget Sound and Portland
must submit an Employee Request Transfer (ERT) to be considered in
the eligible candidate pool. Resumes of current Puget Sound Boeing
employees submitted via Careers at Boeing will not be
- This is an hourly position governed by the IAM Collective
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are
made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin,
gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or
mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or
other characteristics protected by law.
Keywords: BOEING, Bellevue , Inspector Fabrication B, Other , Bellevue, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!