Instructional Assistant/Paraeducator - Overlake Specialty School
Company: Overlake Hospital
Posted on: November 20, 2022
Compassionate Care for Every Life We TouchInstructional
Assistant /Paraeducator - $2000 Hiring Bonus The Overlake Specialty
School is a year-round school serving the special needs of students
in elementary through high school. Each student comes to the
Specialty School with different life experiences, dispositions and
learning histories. We provide a therapeutic environment where
students learn functional, social, academic and behavioral skills
by direct instruction and hands-on experience through healthy
relationships with adults and peers.This role is Monday - Friday
from 7:00am to 3:30pm, providing assistance to special needs
students in a classroom setting. You will be essential in assisting
in the development & delivery of the IEP while working closely with
the classroom teacher to supervise classroom activities.What makes
- Up to $10,000 tuition reimbursement
- $2000 hiring bonus
- Free transportation/parking
- $0 medical coverage and so much more
- 5% retirement savings matching (7% after 5 years)
- Generous Time OffQualifications
- Must be a high school graduate and also meet the Washington
State paraprofessional guidelines (2 years of college credit).
- Bachelors in Education or Mental Health field preferred.
- Previous experience working with behaviorally disturbed,
mentally ill, and/or children with learning disabilities preferred.
Previous experience in either intensive psychiatric treatment
facilities or school systems is helpful.
- Position requires Right Response certification within first 6
months of employment
- Positions requires non-healthcare CPR and First Aid
certifications within the first year of employment.
- Current WA State driver's license preferredOverlake has been
recognized as Workplace of the Year by Seattle Magazine & named one
of the Top Places to Work in the Greater Seattle area. Overlake is
proud to be a Equal Opportunity Employer.Overlake is an Equal
Opportunity Employer, please see our EEO policy.
Keywords: Overlake Hospital, Bellevue , Instructional Assistant/Paraeducator - Overlake Specialty School, Other , Bellevue, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!