Data Scientist II
Company: Puget Sound Energy
Posted on: January 24, 2023
Puget Sound Energy is looking to grow our community with top
talented individuals like you! With our rapidly growing, award
winning energy efficiency programs, our pathway to an exciting and
innovative future is now.
PSE'sFinancial Planning & Analysisteam is looking for qualified
candidates to fill anopenData Scientist IIposition!
Specific details regarding the work arrangements for this position
will be discussed in further detail during the interview
Independently performs highly complex statistical and machine
learning analytics of large (Big Data) data sets in order to
provide statistical, predictive and prescriptive insights to the
organization. The level II is for fully qualified, seasoned
professionals with a full understanding of their business or
organizational domains. They use their experience and understanding
to select appropriate datasets, and apply appropriate analytical
methods to create Machine Learning Models and Statistical Analyses
to solve business problems. Data Scientists in this role develop
production quality models that resolve a wide range of issues in
creative ways that can be utilized by other departments and/or
customers to forecast and plan more effective operations.
Data Scientists at this level are recognized for their analytical
creativity and understanding of advanced data science techniques
and strategies such as Regression, clustering, decision trees,
random forests, NLP, etc.
Upholds the safety compliance standards inherent in PSE's operating
and/or field procedures related to work responsibilities. Promotes
and supports a culture of total safety.
Demonstrates commitment to conduct business honestly, ethically and
consistent with our core values and Code of Conduct. Ensures duties
are performed in accordance with all regulatory compliance
- Develop production quality complex analytics and machine
learning models where analysis of data requires the evaluation of a
multitude of factors.
- Participate in data science mentoring efforts.
- Provides leadership for cross-functional projects and
enterprise data and analytics solutions.
- Effectively communicates and collaborates across groups to
provide insights to the organization.
- Collaborates and contributes to data science standards and
- Collaborates and builds productive relationships with various
internal and externa departments to understand departmental issues
and provides solutions to moderately complex problems.
- Clarify business requests for assistance and document business
requirements taking a broad perspective to identify
- Devise possible solutions and plan solution
- Enhance data collection procedures to include information that
is relevant for building user solutions by processing, cleansing,
and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis.
- Carries out data mining using state-of-the-art
- Performs ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in a clear
- Implement new statistical or other mathematical methodologies
as needed for specific models or analysis.
- Manages multiple large scale, end-to-end data science projects
- Optimize joint development efforts through appropriate database
use and project design.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, mathematics, statistics,
economics, finance, Data Science or other relevant quantitative
field; or equivalent experience
- At least three years of experience leading Data Science
- Experience with prioritizing multiple small Data Science
- Experience with creating project overviews and effort
- SQL and NOSQL experience.
- Experience with mentoring data scientists and business
- Experience building, tuning, and managing the creation of
machine learning models for business applications including data
cleansing, ordering and tagging (data wrangling).
- Solid experience with data scripting languages such as Python,
and R. Experience in SQL and data manipulation techniques.
- Experience with Machine Learning, Data Science algorithm
- Solid understanding of Machine Learning techniques such as
Regression, clustering, decision trees, random forests, NLP,
- Functional knowledge of cloud platforms such as AWS.
- Ability to present findings in the data in a clear and concise
manner, using visualization (e.g. creating dashboards) and
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills with ability to
balance competing priorities.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to naturally
explain difficult technical topics to everyone from data scientists
to engineers to business partners.
- Graduate degree in quantitative field
- Experience with working with AWS, Azure or other cloud-based
- Experience working with SAP data.
- Natural curiosity and desire to learn, a passion for solving
real world problems.
- Demonstrable track record of dealing well with ambiguity,
prioritizing needs, and delivering results in a dynamic
- Experience working with SAP HANA database and using HANA
At PSE we value and respect our employees and provide them
opportunities to excel. We offer a competitive compensation and
The pay range for this position is$106,700.00 -$187,600.00, and
this position is eligible for annual goals based incentive
PSE offers a suite of benefits to our employees. Employees are
eligible for medical, dental, vision, basic life, and short- and
long-term disability insurance. There are additional voluntary
options of supplemental life insurance, accidental death and
dismemberment insurance, flexible spending accounts for health care
and dependent daycare, and an Employee assistance program (EAP).
For long term savings, PSE offers a 401(k) investment option and a
cash balance retirement plan. Employees will also receive Paid Time
Off (PTO) and Paid Holidays throughout the calendar year.Detailed
benefit overviews can be found on our Career page - Why Work For Us
Families and businesses depend on PSE to provide the energy they
need to pursue their dreams. Our steadfast commitment to serving
Washington communities with safe, dependable and efficient energy
started in 1873. Today we're building the Northwest's energy future
through efforts like our award winning energy efficiency programs
and our leadership in renewable energy.
At PSE we value and respect our employees and provide them
opportunities to excel. We offer an expansive pay package that
includes competitive compensation, annual goals-based incentive
bonuses, comprehensive benefits, 401(K), a company paid retirement
pension plan, and an employee assistance and wellness program.
Puget Sound Energy is committed to providing equal employment
opportunity to all qualified applicants. We do not discriminate on
the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age,
sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, veteran status
or presence of a disability that with or without reasonable
accommodation does not prevent performance of the essential
functions of the job, or any other category prohibited by local,
state or federal law.
Should you have a disability that requires assistance and/or
reasonable accommodation with the job application process, please
contact the Human Resources Staffing department at firstname.lastname@example.org or
Keywords: Puget Sound Energy, Bellevue , Data Scientist II, Other , Bellevue, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!