System Design Engineer (Chemical/Gas)
Company: System One
Posted on: March 10, 2023
System One is seeking to contract with a highly capable and
motivated System Design Engineer, who reports to the System Design
Manager and is focused on process systems design, analysis, systems
engineering and engineering oversight. In this role, you will act
as a system design engineer for our client's advanced nuclear
reactor projects. The successful candidate will integrate and
coordinate with engineers working on interfacing systems. The
System Design Engineer will work as part of a high-performing team
of engineers and scientists.
- Design of nuclear and industrial process systemsand
sub-systemsfrom requirements throughfinaldesign.
- Coordinate the review of analyses, such asthermal, seismic,
structural,pipe stress,heat transfer, and other analyses performed
by others and integrate the results into plant design delivery.
- Identifyandensureeffective application of correct design codes
into the design of plant systems such as ASME, ANS, ASTM, IEEE,
- Provide technical direction and guidance to engineers in
applicable nuclear and non-nuclear related design
- Analyze and allocate regulatory criteria and standards to
complex mechanical and process system design.
- Support planningeffortsandmaintainscheduleadherencefor design
activities within a system, as well as their integration with an
overall plant design delivery schedule.
- Interface with the design team tocreate and manage drawing
packages ofsystemdesigns, including but not limited to Piping and
Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs), 3D models, and system
- Interface with design disciplines (such as
mechanical,instrumentation andcontrols, civil, and nuclear) to
identify and develop plant design information and specify system
design and performance criteria.
- Provide technical direction and oversight of supplier projects,
working with the contract administrator to ensure delivery of data
and other deliverables, as well as coordination and performance of
technical reviews of deliverables.
- Establish and maintain system requirementsand specification
documents,suchasEngineering Design Specifications formajor
- Propose and initiate testing programs for plant system
qualification, as needed.
- Provide Support and oversightduring test execution,
evaluationof test results, and reporting of test results.
Key Qualifications and Skills
- B.S.in Chemical or Nuclear Engineering or related
disciplineand5+ yearsdirect experience with proven mechanical
- Demonstrated experience with thermodynamics, fluids, heat
transfer, materials, system controls and mechanics, gas handling
- Demonstrated experienceinthe design of complex mechanical
systems,structures and equipment.
- Experience in high temperatureand multi-discipline integration
- Previous experience with nuclear reactors, nuclear
handlingprocesssystems, or similar high-performance system or
- Supplier/Contractor coordination and oversight
- Excellent technical writing, communication, and presentation
- Attention to detail and aspiration for technical
- Candidate must be a self-starter and possess ability to
coordinate and lead a design team's effortwith minimal
- Ability to handle projects that include many competing
objectives and design constraints, with ability to resolve
conflicts between objectives.
- Ability to work onsimultaneoustasks that require a
- Experience working to quality standards on design activities,
such as ASME NQA-1or ISO 9001.
- The successful candidate will possess a high degree of trust
and integrity, able to communicate openly, and display respect and
a desire to foster teamwork.
- Actual position starting level and title will be determined
based on assessment of qualifications.
Hourly Pay Range $60.00-$100
Keywords: System One, Bellevue , System Design Engineer (Chemical/Gas), Other , Bellevue, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...