Company: Epic Games
Posted on: March 19, 2023
WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic's success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it's building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we're always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We're constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
What We Do
Epic Games is looking to expand its internal Quality Assurance team. We are looking for serious QA professionals with wide ranging skills and experience who want to work embedded on a development team. This position owns the testing process, risk management, and quality evaluation of a given feature, function or set of work, where you will be part of a rapidly iterating development team working closely with developers and production. If you're excited about working in a fast-paced environment and are highly motivated to ensure the best possible user experience, then we'd like to speak with you!
What You'll Do
Epic is seeking a QA Lead to join our Fortnite Battle Royale Gameplay team. You will be leading a group of internal and external analysts and engineers, focusing on quality of Battle Royale gameplay, items, vehicles and more for our players to actively engage with every season.
We are a tight group within a large organization that prizes intelligence, creativity, and nimble problem-solving skills. Our ideal candidate is a self-starter with game QA management experience that has a passion for developing and leading a quality strategy.
In this role, you will
* Assign, supervise, grow and evaluate the performance of internal and external QA analysts and QA engineers in testing, documentation, and risk assessment
* Develop a plan that solves the week-to-week testing requirements and expectations to uphold quality in designated areas
* Organize staffing and available tools to reach goals, as well as find gaps
* Audit test plans and identify and correct testing gaps
* Develop feature by feature risk assessments using appropriate data and raise these risks at the leadership and product owner levels
* Build and iterate upon QA processes to shift quality left and reduce manual effort
* Advocate for player experience and fun
What we're looking for
* 2+ years of QA management experience in the games industry
* Breathtaking time-management, multitasking capabilities, strong communication skills (ability to advocate for quality and push back when necessary)
* Skilled writer of detailed issue documentation and test plans
* Experience using qualitative metrics to measure types of fun and expert user of defect tracking tools such as JIRA
* Selfless collaborator, and inspirational leader of small teams on short deadlines
* Experienced coach of developing individual contributors
EPIC JOB + EPIC BENEFITS = EPIC LIFE
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. Our coverage includes Medical, Dental, a Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance & a 401k with competitive match. We also offer a robust mental well-being program through Modern Health, which provides free therapy and coaching for employees & dependents.
Throughout the year we celebrate our employees with events and company-wide paid breaks. We offer unlimited PTO and sick time and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical.
Pay Transparency Information
The expected annual base pay range(s) for this position are detailed below. Each base pay range is relevant only for individuals who are residents of or will be expected to work within the specified locale. Compensation varies based on a variety of factors, which include (but aren't limited to) things such as skills and competencies, qualifications, knowledge, and experience. In addition to base pay, most employees are eligible to participate in Epic's generous benefit plans and discretionary incentive programs (subject to the terms of those plans or programs).
Washington Base Pay Range
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we've been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic's award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Epic does not accept any unsolicited resumes or approaches from any unauthorized third party (including recruitment or placement agencies) (i.e., a third party with whom we do not have a negotiated and validly executed agreement). We will not pay any fees to any unauthorized third party. Further details on these matters can be found here.
WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
Keywords: Epic Games, Bellevue , QA Lead, Other , Bellevue, Washington
here to apply!