Setup Person Powered Hand Tools - 61006
Posted on: May 24, 2023
Job DescriptionAt Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make
the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can
contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity,
equity and inclusion are shared values. We're committed to
fostering an environment for every teammate that's welcoming,
respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional
growth. Find your future with us.Boeing Commercial Airplanes (BCA)
has an exciting opportunity for a Setup Person Powered Hand Tools
to join our team in Everett, WA.Position Responsibilities:
- Work with other Material Management Specialist to ensure that
the shop, shop personnel, tool rooms and other customers are
supplied with tools, equipment and supplies.
- Set up and maintain inventory recording and control systems and
facilitate/coordinate information and the movement of tools,
equipment and shop supplies between organizations.
- Analyze work in area, determine priorities and sequence work
based on customer requirements.
- Develop, update and implement processes and procedures for the
- Order and receive tools, equipment and supplies to support the
- Determine shop needs, make adjustments as necessary and log in
receivals using various computer programs.
- Store tools and supplies in an appropriate manner and in
designated areas per toolroom procedures.
- Verify that what is received is what was ordered, that the
paperwork matches the supplies/tools and enter into the
- Investigate any discrepancies and follow appropriate procedures
for correction, repair, replacement and/or rejection.
- Process Packing Slip Invoice (PSI). Number, label and/or assign
a number to new tools using appropriate tools (e.g., aluminum tags,
air pencils, electro-chemical etch).
- Issue/route tools, supplies and safety equipment (e.g., safety
glasses, dust masks, respirators) to shop personnel or tool
- Send used equipment out for refurbishment.
- Maintain thorough inventory recording and control systems.
- Visually check tools for defects. Route broken/worn tools to
proper repair areas.
- Inventory tools, shop supplies and materials and audit
periodically for accuracy.
- Maintain filing systems.
- Service satellite supply/tool areas (e.g., shadow boxes, drill
cabinets, point-of-use areas).
- Assign shadow box numbers and log in system.
- Ensure proper tools are kitted for the work order and machine
per the Numerical Control (NC) Machine Document.
- Order special cutters required by NC Documents.
- Operate mechanical lifts and other shop equipment to move
material and tools.
- Locate tools and equipment using delinquent tool reports, hold
out notices, computer programs and investigative skills.
- Route tools to small tool repair or calibration/certification
(cal/cert) for testing and/or certification.
- Check and post cal/cert report and maintain, track and document
certification of tools.
- Prepare and maintain status information, manual logbooks,
manifest sheets, tie-ins and other information.
- Use and update computer systems to perform various job
functions (e.g., add shippers, pull tool room orders, debit
inventory, tool room credits, receive from outside vendors, ship
orders to internal customers, check substitution codes, update and
maintain user call contract information, print bar codes and
- Coordinate and work with other organizations (e.g.,
controllers, inspection, shop personnel, tool rooms, cal/cert) to
supply customer needs, to expedite priority orders and/or to
substitute orders per the substitution codes.
- Follow up on requests from shop personnel.
- Troubleshoot/work customer problems.
- Input/transfer employee information into the tool room
inventory management system.
- Order and issue shop stamps for employees.
- Check the contents of and clear toolboxes for employees per
Boeing Security procedures.
- Clean and seal oxygen kits (e.g., wrenches, torque wrenches,
gloves) using chemicals (e.g., freon, Genesolv) and black
- Use personal protective equipment.
- Write Tool Grind Orders and maintain inventory of cutters in
- Apply protective coating, bag and box cutters for routing.
- Contact co-workers or supervisor when assistance is needed
and/or when there are questions on process or job related
issues.This position is expected to be 100% onsite. The selected
candidate will be required to work onsite at one of the listed
location options.The position must meet Export Control compliance
requirements, therefore a "US Person" as defined by 22 C.F.R. --
120.15 is required. "US Person" includes US Citizen, lawful
permanent resident, refugee, or asylee. Basic Qualifications
- 1+ year of experience working with MS Office Suite
- 1+ year of experience working with precision measuring
- 1+ year of experience working with powered hand tools.
- 1+ or more years of experience in a Tooling technical
- 1+ years of experience as a machinist, mechanic or other
- Possess a valid driver's license.Typical Education:High school
graduate or GED preferred.Relocation:This position is located in a
location that does not offer relocation.-- Candidates must live in
the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.Shift:This
position is for variable shifts.Drug Free Workplace:Boeing is a
Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are
subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines,
PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our
- Resumes of current Puget Sound Boeing employees submitted via
Careers at Boeing will be considered as this job is not installed
- This is an hourly position governed by the International
Association of Machinists (IAM-751) Collective Bargaining
agreement.Summary pay range: $21.00 - $44.08At Boeing, we strive to
deliver a Total Rewards package that will attract, engage and
retain the top talent.-- Elements of the Total Rewards package
include competitive base pay and variable compensation
opportunities.--The Boeing Company also provides eligible employees
with an opportunity to enroll in a variety of benefit programs,
generally including health insurance, flexible spending accounts,
health savings accounts, retirement savings plans, life and
disability insurance programs, and a number of programs that
provide for both paid and unpaid time away from work.--The specific
programs and options available to any given employee may vary
depending on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date
of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining
agreements.--Please note that the salary information is a general
guideline only.-- Salaries are based upon candidate experience and
qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.----
Equal Opportunity Employer:Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color,
religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender
identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors,
military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by
Keywords: BOEING, Bellevue , Setup Person Powered Hand Tools - 61006, Other , Bellevue, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...