Inspector Tooling and Machined Parts B - 54808
Posted on: May 24, 2023
Job DescriptionAt Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make
the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can
contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity,
equity and inclusion are shared values. We're committed to
fostering an environment for every teammate that's welcoming,
respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional
growth. Find your future with us.Boeing Commercial Airplanes has an
exciting opportunity for an Inspector Tooling and Machined Parts B
to join our team in the Puget Sound region in Washington
- Perform inspection and/or process monitoring of tool
- Validate the assembly of tool components meet alignment, fit,
hookup, adjustment, identification, and location of associated
component parts, equipment and assemblies conform to
tooling/engineering drawings, specifications, diagrams, documents
and quality standards.
- Identify, investigate, and document nonconformance of
materials, hardware, tools, tool assemblies or portions thereof,
according to specification, processes and procedures utilizing
appropriate computing applications.
- Perform audit/surveillance of tool fabrication processes,
according to documented specifications, process and
- Communicate with shop personnel and fellow tooling inspectors
on assigned shift and at shift change.
- Perform inspection to tool fabrication order, check on-line
systems for status of the next job to be worked or in-process
- Obtain the applicable tool drawings, engineering drawing, Model
Based Definition information and specifications to perform
- Perform various tests or measurements, and verify the shop has
performed tests and built tool per the applicable drawing,
specifications and procedures.
- Select and/or set up the appropriate measuring
- Screen paperwork/on-line system fabrication order and review
the completed job and inspect workmanship.
- Ensure all parts/assemblies have been assembled per the tool
drawing, specification and fabrication order.
- Indicate Tooling Quality Acceptance on the appropriate
paperwork and/or on-line systems and process the paperwork/systems
as required per appropriate procedures and policies.
- Investigate and clear nonconformance reports associated with
tool manufacturing process as required per process.
- Verify record and re-inspect removals/reinstallations /rework
of tooling components, as required.
- Contact team leader/supervisor when assistance is needed.
- Verify tool number, serial number drawing revision information
matches paperwork/online system.
- Verify all paperwork/online instruction (e.g., manufacturing
order, applicable drawings, specifications, nonconformance items
and any other necessary documents) is complete and accurate.
- Ensure that appropriate revisions of drawings, Engineering
Changes, specifications and other documents are being used by the
shop and inspection.
- Ensure that the tools used by the shop to fabricate parts have
been approved by tooling inspection.
- Verify certifications of tools, equipment.
- Interface with other organizations to provide clarification
- Handle, use and dispose of hazardous materials in approved
- This position requires use (8rs/day) of feet/eye/ear protection
- Occasional performance of tasks (1-3 hrs/day) related to
flexion/extension, handling, lifting less than 25 lbs, and sitting,
walking, and standing required.This position is expected to be 100%
onsite. The selected candidate will be required to work onsite at
one of the listed location options.The position must meet Export
Control compliance requirements, therefore a "US Person" as defined
by 22 C.F.R. -- 120.15 is required. "US Person" includes US
Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.Basic
Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- 1+ years of experience reading and interpreting engineering
drawings and specifications (e.g., blueprint/schematic reading,
specification, change, design)
- Experience as a Quality Inspector
- Ability to walk constantly throughout the workday; stand 6-8
hours per day; climb or work from stairs/steps up to 8 hours per
day; climb ladders; bend and twist frequently up to six hours per
day; squat and kneel
- Ability to complete Fall Protection Training
- 1+ years of experience working with MS Office SuitePreferred
Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- 1+ years of experience calibrating and/or using coordinate
measurement machines, laser trackers, and/or optical measurement
- 1+ years of experience in setting and using precision measuring
tools and equipment such as micrometers, calipers, and/or dial
- Experience inspecting welds / welds certificationTypical
Education:High school graduate or GED preferred.Relocation:This
position is located in a location that does not offer relocation.--
Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own
expense.Shift:This position is for variable shifts.Drug Free
Workplace:Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer
applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana,
cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is
met as outlined in our policies.Union:
- Current Boeing employees working in Puget Sound and Portland
must submit an Employee Request Transfer (ERT) to be considered in
the eligible candidate pool. Resumes of current Puget Sound Boeing
employees submitted via Careers at Boeing will not be
- This is an hourly position governed by the International
Association of Machinists (IAM-751) Collective Bargaining
agreement.Summary pay range: $ 27.50 - 46.58At Boeing, we strive to
deliver a Total Rewards package that will attract, engage and
retain the top talent.-- Elements of the Total Rewards package
include competitive base pay and variable compensation
opportunities.--The Boeing Company also provides eligible employees
with an opportunity to enroll in a variety of benefit programs,
generally including health insurance, flexible spending accounts,
health savings accounts, retirement savings plans, life and
disability insurance programs, and a number of programs that
provide for both paid and unpaid time away from work.--The specific
programs and options available to any given employee may vary
depending on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date
of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining
agreements.--Please note that the salary information is a general
guideline only.-- Salaries are based upon candidate experience and
qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.----
Equal Opportunity Employer:Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color,
religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender
identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors,
military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by
Keywords: BOEING, Bellevue , Inspector Tooling and Machined Parts B - 54808, Other , Bellevue, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...