Senior Director, Analyst Relations
Company: Smartsheet Inc
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Smartsheet is looking for a Senior Director of Analyst Relations
("AR") to develop our global AR strategy, nurture and build analyst
relationships and lead a growing team. AR is a strategic and highly
visible function at Smartsheet and we're looking for a motivated,
self-starter to hit the ground running . You must have a proven
track record of building an AR team, leading positions in major
research, and building relationships with influential analysts,
executive teams, and product strategy and marketing leaders.
Smartsheet is a high growth and diverse business that requires us
to engage with and influence analysts in existing and emerging
markets - this requires a creative and innovative approach to AR.
If you have a passion for technology and constant learning, love
being on and leading a team, and making an impact, then this is a
great role for you! You will report to the Head of Global Corporate
Communications and can be based remotely or in our offices in
Bellevue, WA (HQ) or Boston, MA. You will:
- Lead the global strategy for Smartsheet analyst relations that
bolsters go-to-market strategies and supports key business
- Help develop Smartsheet's analyst-facing story and continually
deliver analyst sentiment, views, and opportunities, to help
influence mindshare given Smartsheet's vision, strategy, value
proposition and key competitive differentiators.
- Partner across Smartsheet teams at all levels of the
organization to tell, support and deliver narrative that ties
together multiple use cases and markets.
- Drive strategy and execution of analyst engagements -
inquiries/briefings, advisory days, event sponsorships, analyst
roadshows , etc .
- Oversee measurement and business reviews of the AR program's
impact. Provide regular reports to Smartsheet leadership on analyst
engagement and impact .
- Collaborate with sales and marketing teams to drive the
creation, promotion and enablement of analyst relations
- Spearhead process and workflow creation as well as improvement
of day-to-day operations related to Analyst Relations.
- Own analyst contracts. You have:
- 10-15+ years of experience in analyst relations at a technology
company, preferably with some SaaS experience.
- Understanding of key enterprise technologies and how the
ecosystem of technologies is transforming the world.
- History of positioning technology companies as leaders in major
analyst research into business benefits/outcomes.
- Consistent track record of leading and executing a successful
AR program strategy and building collaborative relationships with
influential analysts, executive spokespeople, product strategy and
marketing and sales leaders.
- Experience with assessing and implementing a strategy and
program and backing up recommendations for rationale and data.
- Executive presence and interpersonal skills , including the
ability to persuade and motivate at every level of the organization
and with analyst stakeholders .
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills with an
outstanding ability to translate technology features into business
- Proven strategic problem solver with a demonstrated ability to
develop stories with data and facts to influence industry
- Strong mentoring and leadership skills to build and encourage a
high performing and highly motivated team.
- Relationship driven - experience building successful senior
level relationships, internal and external.
- Ambition, drive and commitment to great results; including a
constant desire to evolve the AR program and to understand and
develop best practices.
- Bias for action . We're a small, but growing team that focuses
just as much on strategy as rolling up our sleeves to get stuff
done . You understand how things work and are willing to be
creative and try new things.
- We are a small, dynamic team searching for a stellar teammate
who shares our dedication to excellence. You are willing to jump in
and help others, tackle new responsibilities, and take pride in
elevating our program to premier status.
- BA or BS degree.
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for
- Equity - Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) Equity with all
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- 401k Match to help you save for your future (50% of your
contribution up to the first 6% of your eligible pay)
- Monthly stipend to support your work and productivity
- 15 days PTO to start, plus Flexible Sick Leave
- Up to 24 weeks of Parental Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including
access to Audible for Business and LinkedIn Learning online
- Company Funded Perks, including a counseling membership,
primary care membership, local retail discounts, and your own
personal Smartsheet account Equal Opportunity Employer: Smartsheet
is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an
inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide
employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected
status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, and
Australia. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you
have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us
know. At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment
that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our
team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers.
We're looking for people who are driven , authentic, supportive,
effective , and honest. You're encouraged to apply even if your
experience doesn't precisely match our job description -if your
career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At
Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren't
afraid to be innovative -join us!-- At Smartsheet, we strive to
build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and
celebrates the diverse voices of our team members. Individuals
seeking employment at Smartsheet are considered without regards to
race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin,
ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity,
gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental
disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status,
marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or
any other legally protected category in the US, UK, and
Below is a set of voluntary demographic questions. If you choose to
complete them, your responses will be used in aggregate to help us
identify areas for improvement in our programs. Your responses, or
your choice to not respond, will not be considered in the hiring
process. Any information that you provide will be recorded and
For definitions of any of the following terms or to read more about
your rights, please visit the EEOC website here .-- I identify my
Non-binary (inclusive of bigender, agender, androgynous, gender
fluid, or gender non-conforming)
I prefer not to say
I identify as transgender:
I prefer not to say
I identify my race / ethnicity as (select all that apply):
Alaska Native / American Indian / Indigenous/Aboriginal / Native
Black / African-American / Black-British / Caribbean
Hispanic / Latinx
East Asian (Chinese / Hong-Kong / Japanese / Korean / Mongolian /
Tibetan / Taiwanese)
Middle Eastern / North African
Native Hawaiian / Pacific Islander
South Asian (Bangladeshi / Bhutanese / Indian / Nepali / Pakistani
/ Sri Lankan)
Southeast Asian (Burmese / Cambodian / Filipino / Hmong /
Indonesian / Laotian / Malaysian / Mien / Singaporean / Thai /
White / European
I prefer not to say
My veteran status is:
Yes, I am a veteran
No, I am not a veteran
I prefer not to say
My disability status is:
Yes, I have a disability (or previously had a disability)
No, I do not have a disability
I prefer not to say
Keywords: Smartsheet Inc, Bellevue , Senior Director, Analyst Relations, Professions , Bellevue, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!