Maintenance Technician - Full Time
Company: Sonesta International Hotels
Posted on: May 14, 2022
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Deliver on the promise of Sonesta Service in all interactions
with guests and clients according to the Sonesta G.U.E.S.T.
- Take responsibility for and inform management of hazardous
situations, emergencies or threats to the security of guests,
associates or hotel assets.
- Complete work orders such as replacing ceiling titles, filters,
light bulbs, patching vinyl, painting, repairs to pipe lines,
toilets, sinks, kitchen and laundry equipment, etc. Perform
preventative maintenance duties as assigned.
- Monitor efficiency of equipment and electrical systems such as
air conditioning controls, guests entrance/access doors, television
sets, and lighting systems; make minor repairs and/or replacements
to ensure proper operation and maximum efficiency. -
- Refurbish furniture and fixtures such as cabinets, tables,
chairs, doors, windows, counters. Paint and finish furniture and
fixtures in guest rooms, if needed.
- Maintain the safety and cleanliness of exterior of the
facility, grounds, pool and exercise/sport facilities (including
property signs, lighting and snow removal).
- Follow procedures that ensure the security of inventory and
assets such as tools, supplies, equipment, furniture, televisions,
- Maintain front entrance area, parking lot, and street entrance
in a clean and presentable manner.
- Ensure that assigned equipment is prepared and operational for
the following day's work.
- Perform maintenance and repair work on the interior and
exterior of buildings, hotels rooms and contents, laundry and
kitchen/refrigeration equipment, lighting, heating, air
conditioning (HVAC), ventilation, and water treatment systems, and
swimming pool (if applicable), etc.
- Perform preventive maintenance as outlined in the PM Works
program. May include and is not limited to: Inspect building,
furniture, bathrooms, guest rooms, and all equipment to ensure it
is functioning properly and efficiently, read and record mechanical
and other meters to ensure effective energy management, and
maintain inspection log and records of scheduled work and repairs.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily
communication and coordination with other departments.
- Comply with federal, state and local laws regarding health, and
- Perform other duties as assigned. QUALIFICATIONS AND
- Advanced vocational training plus two years of experience in
general building maintenance or construction, or equivalent
combination of education and experience.
- Previous background from the extended stay industry or
apartment building maintenance preferred.
- Knowledge of basic plumbing, carpentry, electricity, and
- Ability to speak, read, and write fluent English; other
- Reading and writing abilities are required in order to receive
instructions for the day and/or to read equipment manuals including
- Mathematical skills, including basic math, budgeting,
profit/loss concepts, percentages, and variances.
- Problem solving, reasoning, motivating, organizational and
- Valid driver's license required.
- Frequently standing up, bending, climbing, kneeling, and moving
about the facility.
- Frequently handling objects and equipment to maintain the
- Will be required to regularly use commercial chemicals
- Carrying, lifting or pulling items weighing up to 75
- Will be required to work mornings, evening, weekends, and
holidays.Sonesta recognizes that benefits play a vital role in
helping ensure the health and financial security of employees and
their families. We offer a variety of benefits to our employees
including: Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Health Savings
Account with Company Match, 401(k) Retirement Plan with Company
Match, Paid Vacation and Sick Days, Sonesta Hotel Discounts,
Educational Assistance, Paid Parental Leave, Company Paid Life
Insurance, Company Paid Short Term and Long Term Disability
Insurance and Various Employee Perks and Discounts.We are an equal
opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, national
origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, disability, or protected veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules,
Keywords: Sonesta International Hotels, Bellevue , Maintenance Technician - Full Time, Professions , Bellevue, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!