General Service Director - Bellevue Flex Team
Company: Equity Residential
Posted on: June 20, 2022
Our General Maintenance Directors are a key part of each
community's success, responsible for overseeing our most
challenging, complex assets: often our top NOI drivers, mixed-use,
and/or multi-site. They are our facilities leaders who provide the
technical know-how behind each apartment community and provide
guidance and training to the maintenance team. From HVAC to
plumbing to a fresh coat of paint, General Maintenance Directors
have a hand in every apartment and every resident's satisfaction.
As General Maintenance Director, your superior organizational
skills and attention to detail will be utilized to attend to
residents' needs and manage service requests and apartment
turnovers to ensure the work is performed timely -- all while
leading by example by modeling Equity's standards and managing the
budget. Your strong technical skills will be utilized to identify
and diagnose problems and perform a variety of service
At Equity, being a manager is much more than sitting behind a desk
directing others; we believe in leading by example and walking in
the shoes of the people you manage. Each day, you will spend your
days out and about with your team, implementing scheduled
maintenance, responding to service requests, managing vendors, and
communicating and building rapport with residents. As a General
Maintenance Director, you will be among our most senior property
leaders. You will be an expert on your community, working along
with and directing a team of maintenance professionals to ensure it
is in excellent condition for our residents.
WHO YOU ARE
* A Leader.Not only are you at the top of your game when it comes
to all things technical, but you enjoy teaching new skills to your
team and are committed to coaching and developing them every
* Technically Savvy. You have a solid understanding of general
maintenance and technology and are quick to learn new skills.
* A Strong Communicator. Your writing and speaking skills are clear
and effective, helping you connect well with others.
* A Team Player. You are united with teammates in delivering the
best experience to residents.
* Proactive. You act like an owner, performing regular maintenance
to avoid emergencies.
* Personable.You are respectful, pleasant to be around, and enjoy
engaging with others.
* Levelheaded. You keep your cool during maintenance emergencies
and quickly find solutions.
* Motivated. You invest extra energy to reach your goals.
* Solution-Oriented. You follow through on commitments, letting
teammates and residents know they matter.
* Confident and Decisive.You take initiative, trust your gut, and
are not afraid to make a decision or deliver a difficult
* Organized and Accountable.You have exceptional time management
abilities and are able to juggle the needs of changing priorities
at the community while accomplishing objectives through training
and motivating a high-performing team.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
* Lead, train, and motivate a high-performing team.Communicate job
expectations, coach service team, and monitor your team's
performance against company goals. Provide feedback for improvement
and guidance in defining career paths and professional development
* Manage service requests.You'll use our mobile technology to
assign all incoming service requests to your team, taking into
account each individual's skills, workload, and learning
opportunities. You'll also work alongside your team, performing
both routine and complex repairs.
* Repair and enhance your community.You'll be responsible for
repairing or maintaining allplumbing, electrical, HVAC, appliance,
carpentry, and painting needs at the community, providing training
to other team members as needed.
* Implement and manage a scheduled maintenance program. Monitor the
maintenance and up-keep of all mechanical equipment on the
community including water heaters, HVAC units, elevator systems and
centralized boiler systems.
* Create and maintain a make-ready schedule.You'll monitor
apartment vacancies daily and initiate the turnover process with
painting, cleaning and repairing.
* Build rapport with residents.You'll make positive connections
with residents by offering a smile and a greeting when you see them
and chatting as you make repairs in their homes.
* Notice the details.Complete daily property walks and regular
community inspections to proactively recommend necessary repairs or
replacement of any interior or exterior areas on the property.
* Partner with the Community/General Manager in preparing annual
budgets. Monitor expenditures in accordance with the established
* Manage all service contracts and vendors. Assist in the selection
of various vendors in regards to value and budget.
* Focus on performance metricsranging from your community's
Customer Loyalty Score to apartment turnover efficiency -- and
everything in between.
* Minimum of 3-5 years of hands-on general maintenance
* 3-5 years of prior supervisory experience required; apartment
industry supervisory experience preferred
* Adaptability, multi-tasking and sound decision making abilities
are required and essential to the success of this role
* Availability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and
rotating on-call responsibility for after-hours emergencies
* Reliable and consistent form of daily transportation to and from
work, including after hours for emergencies
* Computer proficiency and frequent daily use of / proficiency with
a Smartphone with updated software (either a personally owned or
* Please clickto learn more aboutEquity Residential's Covid-19
Vaccination Requirements (Haga clicpara obtener masinformacion
sobre los requisitos de vacunacion Covid-19 de Equity
* Trade school and/or military training or industry designation
(CAMT or CAMT II)
* HVAC experience and EPA Certification (Type I & II or Universal),
if applicable for region/community
* High school diploma or equivalent
ABOUT US Working for Equity Residential (EQR), a leading
multi-family real estate investment trust (REIT), means living our
purpose: creating communities where people thrive. It means
striving to provide the best in apartment living, speaking boldly
about new ideas for innovation, and inspiring creativity in the
ways we work together.
Our portfolio of high-quality properties in urban growth markets -
New York City, Boston, Washington DC, Seattle, San Francisco,
Southern California, and Denver - provides homes where people most
want to live, work and play. We've got the best people in the
business, as evidenced by our employee engagement scores and
customer loyalty ratings. That's why our employees say they are
proud to work at Equity, a company that gives our residents a place
where they can Live Remarkably, and offers a culture where our
employees have the opportunity to thrive.
When you join Equity Residential, you won't be treated as simply
another employee -- you will be considered a partner in our shared
success. As such, we are committed to investing in your personal
success through a benefits program that supports your Total
We recognize that everyone has different needs outside of work.
That's why, in addition to a competitive benefits package (medical,
dental, vision and paid time off), we offer many unique benefits
options to employees, like a comprehensive wellness program, pet
insurance, new parent benefits, and paid time off for community
service projects. In addition to your next job, you can also find
your next home with us! Rent discounts on Equity Residential
apartment homes are available to our benefits-eligible employees.
The amount of the discount offered is determined based on the
market, ranging upwards from 20%. Learn more about our Total
At Equity Residential, like our residents, our employees come from
everywhere. A richly diverse work environment captures top talent,
cultivates the best ideas, and creates the widest possible platform
for success. By focusing on inclusion, these differences are
harnessed to create value -- in ideas, business practices,
relationships, and employee engagement. As an Equal Opportunity
Employer, we are committed to maintaining a diverse, inclusive and
equitable work environment where our employees can thrive.
All aspects of the employment process are merit-based. Every Equity
employee is expected to maintain a work environment that is free
from discrimination and harassment. Equity Residential does not
discriminate against any employee or job applicant because of race,
religion, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender,
sexual/gender identity/expression, age, pregnancy (including
childbirth, lactation or related medical conditions), physical or
mental disability, national origin, citizenship status, military
(including uniformed service member or protected veteran) status,
marital status, genetic characteristic or information, ancestry or
any other characteristic protected by law. Equity Residential also
prohibits retaliation against individuals who report harassment or
discrimination, or participate in investigations into such
Keywords: Equity Residential, Bellevue , General Service Director - Bellevue Flex Team, Professions , Bellevue, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!