Manager, Global Broadcast Production
Company: The Pok--mon Company International
Posted on: September 20, 2022
Get to know The Pok--mon Company International
The Pok--mon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pok--mon
Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is
responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the
Pok--mon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home
entertainment, and the official Pok--mon website. Pok--mon was
launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular
children's entertainment properties in the world.
Learn more online at Pokemon.com and on Facebook
(facebook.com/pokemon), YouTube (youtube.com/pokemon), Twitter
(twitter.com/pokemon), and Instagram (instagram.com/pokemon).
Get to know the role
Job Title: Manager, Global Broadcast Production
Job Summary: The Manager of Global Broadcast Production is
responsible for guiding a team and leading the broadcast production
of competitions and events for multiple product categories at
events in North America, Europe, Latin America, Oceania, and
online. This role develops objectives and strategies to increase
the overall effectiveness of broadcasting the Pok--mon TCG, VG,
Pok--mon UNITE, and Pok--mon GO with a focus on increasing
engagement for viewers.
FLSA Classification (US Only): Exempt
People Manager: Yes
What you'll do
- Scale, coach, and mentor broadcast producers for multiple
products including the Pok--mon TCG, VG, Pok--mon UNITE, and
- Develop and manage global broadcast production and segment
content production for competitive events across North America,
Europe, Latin America, and Oceania.
- Manage global broadcast schedules and workflows including
graphics, run of shows, talent, music, narrative focus, and vendor
- Lead and partner with internal and external teams to ensure
broadcasts are successfully executed at a high-quality
- Work closely with esports team to ensure the path to worlds is
- Work closely with premier events team to ensure broadcast needs
are supported at events.
- Develop and direct creative, themes, and show content to
increase average minute audience and ensure alignment with global
strategies and broadcast goals.
- Develop standards of production and ensure standards are
adhered to globally.
- Responsible for continually evaluating and improving the
overall execution of global broadcasts.
- Prepare ROI evaluations for broadcast, track performance, and
continually seek to improve content with new technology.
- Determine selection and training methods for broadcast
- Direct vendors to design and execute broadcasts with global
- Ensure that broadcast components are created and delivered
on-time and within established resource constraints.
- Negotiate contracts and manage relationships with outside
vendors across 4 continents.
What you'll bring
- Six+ (6+) years of relevant professional experience, plus one
(1) year of management experience.
- Bachelors degree required.
- Live broadcast experience for events, sports, or esports of at
least 1,000 hours.
- Expert in broadcast production, competitive show flows, and
evaluating creative for broadcast.
- Ability to tell a story through a tournament with a cohesive
creative and narrative vision from start to finish.
- A inquisitive mindset with a desire to continually challenge
the status quo to improve broadcasts.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to meet deadlines, and
meticulous attention to detail.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities, both as a leader of teams
and as a leader of projects - dynamic, strategic and
- Creative and effective problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when
- Ability to respond to problems and to assist others with a
calm, courteous, and helpful manner and attitude.
- Thorough understanding of legal regulations effecting broadcast
content and messaging.
- Knowledge of broadcast industry trends.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Proficient with Adobe Suite of products.
- A understanding of Pok--mon or other fan community structures
is a plus.
How you'll be successful
- Passion for Pok--mon: Develops an understanding of the Pok--mon
brand, the impact it has on our people, culture, business, fans,
and communities, and applying that knowledge and passion to
everything you do.
- Challenging the Expected: Approaches challenges with curiosity
and creativity, embracing the possibility of failure as an
opportunity to learn something new, develop innovative ideas, solve
complex problems and identify unique opportunities. -
- Integrity and Respect: Demonstrates integrity and respect by
leading with empathy, listening to others, seeking out different
perspectives, and taking personal responsibility for decisions,
actions, and results.
- Dedicated to Quality: Takes ownership to maintain and promote
high standards, looks for new ways to learn and improve, and
embraces a growth mindset to seek and apply feedback from others in
an effort to continuously improve. -
- Building Relationships: Develops and strengthens relationships,
adopting a "team first" mentality and working collaboratively to
solve problems and meet shared goals. -
- Delighting Customers: Listens and understands the interests and
needs of our customers and stakeholders, making them feel heard and
important, and embracing these learnings to continue delivering a
unique Pok--mon experience.
What to expect
- -An employee first culture
- Company events that celebrate the spirit of Pok--mon
- Competitive cash-based compensation programs
- Base salary range: 104000.00 - 156000.00 $. This range is
applicable for the labor market where the role is intended to be
hired. It is common for TPCi to start employees below the midpoint
of the range. Final base salary is directly related to each
candidates qualifications and experience uniquely.
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you
- Generous paid family leave
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short-term income protection
- US Employees: 401k Employer Matching
- UK/IRE Employees: Pension Employer Contributions
- Fitness reimbursement
- Commuter benefit
- LinkedIn learning
- Comprehensive relocation package
- Hybrid work environment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by people assigned to this role.
They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Employees may be
required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities
from time to time, as needed. For roles in the United Kingdom,
candidates will need the right to work. In some cases, and for some
roles, the Company may be able to arrange a visa. For roles in
Ireland, this role requires candidates to have the right to live
and work in the Republic of Ireland. However, we welcome
applications from all nationalities and may consider supporting an
employment permit application, in appropriate and suitable
Internal Job Profile: Game Production Mgmt (M2)
Keywords: The Pok--mon Company International, Bellevue , Manager, Global Broadcast Production, Professions , Bellevue, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!