Commodity Manager (PowerTrain)
Company: NuWest Group - Tech Jobs Board
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Location: Bellevue, WA (on site)Employment Type: Direct hirePay:
This position focuses on powertrain components. -
Negotiate and manage all aspects of the company relationship with
suppliers, including the commercial/contractual requirements with
respect to total cost, technology, delivery, customer service,
aftermarket support, logistics and quality. Commodity Managers are
change agents, focused on delivering the highest value to internal
and external customers at the lowest total cost. -Primary
- Develop, negotiate, and implement strategies resulting in
improved supply chain performance and enhanced product
- Investigate and implement new technologies, strategic
procurement strategies and logistical opportunities.
- Communicate and conduct meetings and formal presentations with
suppliers, plant, and division personnel at all management
- Travel to supplier locations to evaluate capabilities, assess
production readiness, investigate new opportunities, improve
manufacturing efficiencies, and resolve chronic supply and quality
- Travel to operating locations in support of the above
- Administer long-term supply, development, and warranty
agreements. -Essential Qualifications
- Degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management,
Engineering, Finance, or related field. Masters or MBA
- 3-8 years of purchasing, engineering, or related experience -
commercial transportation, heavy equipment, or automotive
experience is a plus.
- Experience with part purchasing, design, manufacturing, and/or
supply chain management.
- Proven negotiation and strong analytical skills.
- Creative, quality and results-driven work ethic.
- Demonstrated leadership to accomplish company goals.
- Project Team participation and/or Project Management.
- Excellent communication skills - written, verbal, &
- PC skills (Word, Excel, Access, & PowerPoint). -Requirements -
- - - - - -Any offer of employment is conditional upon the
successful completion of a background check and drug screen - - - -
- - -NuWest is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate
diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment
for all employees -Who We AreNuWest Tech places technical
professionals in some of the most competitive markets in the world.
Think of us as your personal AI - we find the best positions for
your experience, skills, and preferred work environment at thriving
companies across the country. You can fill out hundreds of
applications online...OR our industry-specialized team can put your
resume in front of the right hiring managers for you. We're a top
vendor with our clients, meaning when we recommend a candidate,
they go to the top of the pile. -What you can expect from
NuWestResponsiveness: you'll get the highest level of service
during your job search including updates every step of the
wayTransparency: open and honest communication - no
surprises!Expertise: we coach you based on your specific strengths
and career goals - - -
Keywords: NuWest Group - Tech Jobs Board, Bellevue , Commodity Manager (PowerTrain), Professions , Bellevue, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!