Front Desk Agent
Company: Hyatt Hotels Corp.
Posted on: June 22, 2022
JOB TITLE: Front Desk Agent
The Front Desk Agent is responsible for providing attentive,
courteous and efficient service to all guests prior to arrival and
throughout their stay, while maximizing suite revenue and
occupancy. He/she is also responsible for all reservation and
inquiry calls during their shift. He/she is expected to actively
develop superior service skills in dealing with clients, guest, and
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
* Experience in hotel or a related field preferred.
* High school diploma or equivalent required.
* Associate or bachelor degree with an emphasis in Hotel
Management, Hospitality Management and/or related fields
* Must have a valid driver's license.
* MVR must meet LodgeWorks/Brand qualifications.
* Must be fluent in English.
* Long hours sometimes required.
* Must be able to work evenings, weekends and holidays as
* Light work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift,
carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
* Ability to stand during entire shift.
* Must work well in stressful, high pressure situations.
* Must be effective at listening to, understanding, clarifying and
resolving the concerns and issues raised by clients, guests and
* Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace,
including anticipation, preventing, identifying and solving
problems as necessary.
* Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
* Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
* Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of
action quickly and accurately.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
SERVICE ATTITUDE AND COMMUNICATION
* Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming,
which include compliance with LodgeWorks/Brand dress code and
* Maintain a professional and friendly demeanor at all times.
* Establish and maintain good communications and team work with
fellow employees and other departments within the hotel.
* Must be always attentive, courteous and efficient in the dealings
with clients, guests, managers and all other employees.
* Demonstrate a genuine care and commitment to guest service.
* Greet and welcome all guests approaching the front desk in
accordance with LodgeWorks/Brand standards.
* Develop a team player attitude for the good of the hotel.
GUEST REPRESENTATIVE RESPONSIBILITY
* Provide attentive, courteous and efficient service to all guests
prior to arrival and throughout their stay.
* Handle check-ins and check-outs in a friendly, efficient and
* Respond to all guests' requests, problems, complaints and/or
accidents presented at the front desk or through reservations in an
attentive, courteous and efficient manner. Follow up to ensure
* Answer all guest inquires (i.e. hotel services and amenities, the
* Ensure delivery of packages, mail and messages as needed to
* Follow all LodgeWorks/Brand credit policies.
* Be aware of all rates, packages and special promotions. Be
familiar with all in house groups. Be aware of closed out and
* Obtain all necessary information when taking room reservations
and follow rate quoting guidelines.
* Fully understand and be able to operate all relevant aspects of
the front desk computer system.
* Focus on his/her role in contributing to guest satisfaction
* Demonstrate appropriate phone skills.
* Use LodgeWorks/brand selling guidelines as part of the inquiry
* Consistently perform above average in the mystery call
* Follow up on all wait list reservations.
* Manage suite inventory.
* Complete shift responsibility checklist.
* Keep front office area clean and organized.
Source: Hospitality Online
Keywords: Hyatt Hotels Corp., Bellevue , Front Desk Agent, Sales , Bellevue, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!