VALORANT Game Designer II - Agents
Company: Riot Games
Posted on: November 25, 2022
As a Game Designer, you will design, tweak, and optimize the
player experience. Your analytical skills, player insight, and
creativity aid in crafting in- and out-of-game experiences that
engage and surprise players. You will collaborate with
interdisciplinary teams and work with every tool at hand to
innovate and iterate player-focused designs that'll delight
millions around the world.
VALORANT is Riot's take on a character-based tactical shooter (for
more info on VALORANT click here!). As a Game Designer II working
on the VALORANT Agents team you will design and deliver world-class
agents that continue to surprise and delight players. You will
deeply understand the tactical loop and the principles we utilize
to develop approachable, yet masterful agents. You will be
responsible for monitoring and maintaining the live health of the
game, ensuring that agents in VALORANT are creating the best
possible experience for our players. You will report to the Lead
- Design gameplay content and systems with a focus on Agents and
- Work with other disciplines to take content and features from
conception to our players' hands.
- Script and prototype shippable content and features
- Seek opportunities for new design spaces in collaboration with
Product Managers and Design Leadership.
- Create and provide multiple potential designs and solutions.
Articulate trade-offs and risks between different options.
- Playtest VALORANT and help push for continued improvements for
existing designs and fresh prototypes.
- 3+ years of experience in professional Game Design
- Shipped or worked on at least one AAA+ online competitive
- Can create and improve complex systems with attention to the
player impacts and downstream effects
- Deep familiarity with FPS games or competitive games
- Ability to predict outcomes of game design decisions on players
and other content
- Can use existing frameworks to develop novel solutions and
- Deep / high-ranked play within the competitive or tactical
- Familiarity with online shooters, especially VALORANT and/or
- Views potential 'charged' player feedback as an opportunity to
better understand and improve the product.
- Can balance the tension between game balance and excitement
when generating content
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a
collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the
delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies,
experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you
embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players,
this could be the role for you!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time
off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work
schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental
leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children and a 401k
with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values
teamwork embodied by the Community Code. Our culture embraces
differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding
principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting
diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we
do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters
treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to
read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work
to build the most inclusive company in gaming
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunities for all
applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes
reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and
does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status,
criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable
federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair
Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's
criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Keywords: Riot Games, Bellevue , VALORANT Game Designer II - Agents, Sales , Bellevue, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!